Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walk on tiled roof

How do you walk on a tiled roof without breaking tiles? I figured I would just make a plywood path to distribute the weight. Make sense? I've got a slipped tile I need to set back in place.

That's a tough one - I guess maybe plywood with a canvas cushion underneath it. those adobe curved tiles are not too forgiving. all they are I guess is baked clay.

Comment

There is very seldom ever a problem with walking on clay tiled roofs. Almost all (if not all) clay tiled roofing is oven fired and a lot stronger than you think.
      Having said this, that does not mean you can jump up and down on them nor beat them with a hammer but as long as your careful you will not crack the tiles.
      There is no need to lay a "pathway" of any product and if your really worried then my suggestion is to walk on the overlap area of the tiles, but I can tell you now "just" walking on the tiles will not harm them in any way unless you weigh in at 500 lbs and at that point "what are you doing on a roof" ...hahaha
      Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
      Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Talked to a neighbor down the street who says he's walked on his several times without taking any precautions. As suggested, I didn't worry about it. Tile is back in place. All other tiles are AOK. Thanks for your inputs.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =