Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exterior door water leak

I live in central Florida and have an exterior door that opens into the house. There is a small concrete pad outside which is even with the concrete pad the house sits on. The door was instlled on top of the pad. I have installed a rubber door stop because there was about 1/4 to 1/2" space on the bottom. I was getting water leaking when ever it rained heavy in that space and thought installing the stopper would help but I am still getting a large leak. I think it's coming from under the door jam but not sure what do do to fix it. Do I need to pull up the bottom jam and re-caulk or can I just try caulking under the jam without taking it up?

The threshold below the door should be a minimum of a 1/2" higher that the concrete porch.

You might try caulking along the edge of the threshold on the exterior and see if it helps.

Good Luck

rick

Comment

short of redesigning your house, an exposed door to the elements is gonna get rain water no matter what! another course would be to install some sort of porch to extend the distance the water has to get to your exterior door. with a porch you could design a threshold to angle the water away from the house. along the sides and front of the porch you could dig down and put in coarse gravel about two feet down to disperse run off water. top with topsoil so it don't look so bad. use a bark mulch on top too. just an idea...

Comment

Working...
      X
      =