Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concrete garage floor dropping out !!

Glad this isn't my headache but a guy I work with has a hassle with his 4 year old garage concrete floor. He got this done using drawn in fill and it was all done by a local licensed commercial concrete contractor. Its a nice garage by most standards, far better than most. We live near the Canadian border so it gets cold here. Anyways, this week he noticed where he had his 5 tons of wood pellets stacked the floor had dropped down about an inch and cracked. He stacke em by the one ton pallet single stacked and hasn't had anything in that garage but a 300 lb boat and his minivan. Also it has dropped down and cracked about the same near a side wall. He does live near the water but this is set on his lawn about 4 feet from lake level which is 50 feet away. and the ground has been stable forever. Its not overly wet there either. Could it be the lophead contractor didn't bother to scalp the sod off before putting down the gravel? He doubts the contractor is going to be quick to volunteer to fix it as the agency we work for arrested him for DUI last summer. What do you think here, is there warranty that can be forced on this guy. Also how the hell do you fix this sort of thing?

Try concrete leveling company

They make small holes and they pump "mud" under the concrete leveling it. Kind of quick , easy and much cheaper than to replace whole floor

Comment

Thanx, I will pass it on to him.

It will drive him nuts though. He is one of those anal sorts who has to have everything just so.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =