Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof Leak

We had a day long soaking rain yesterday. Our house has a small attic space that we have no access to. I noticed a dripping from a moly plug hole in the ceiling. The total water dripping was maybe 1/2 a pint during the day. We have no other water stains or leaks on the ceiling. Its obvious we have a roof leak but I don't know how bad. Our roof is 20 years old. The questions:

1) Do most roofs have small leaks and we can probably ignore this?
    2) If we need to repair this how complex a job is it? In particular, since we dont have access to the attic would the repairer have to make a hole in the ceiling to figure out where the leak is?
    3) Would most roofers just make a localized repair or wan't to put on a new roof?

Thanks for any thoughts on this

not opening up your ceiling is your option but most water leaks aren't where you think they are. a lot of water travels along a rafter or the underside of the sheathing until it meets a nail or something, THEN drips. see if any of your shingles are blown off, blown up, get blown up during periods of high wind. check the lead seal around your chimney and the roof sheathing. also another place is the weathercap around your waste stack(s)

Comment

Thanks.I'll get a roofer to look at the roof

Comment

Working...
      X
      =