Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corregated Drain Pipe Protection

I have a couple of downspouts that drain into a 4 inch black corregated drain pipe that runs underground from the downspout out to the street between my and my neighbor's driveways. It surfaces at the street level and I am looking for some way to protect it from the neighbor's teenage daughters driving over it and smashing it. Also, since I would have to cut about 3 foot off of it and replace that section, I need to know if there is a coupling that will allow me to do this. I thought of trying to find some kind of metal channel I could put over the top of this drain line to protect it, but can't find anything. Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Yes there is a coupling available to connect two lengths of corrugated pipe together. You can also buy a 10' section of the pipe with a coupling as part of the pipe. Both are available at your big box stores like Lowe's and H. Depot.
    As for the girls driving over it, you could always buy a section of 4" schedule 80 PVC and join the two with a PVC to corrugated pipe connector. This will be much stronger than the corrugated pipe.
    The other option would be to plant a small tree near the pipe that will help avoid anyone driving up on the sidewalk and therefor over the pipe.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Thanks, Pushkins. I thought about a nail strip like the police use, but better not. I might run over it myself. Ha!

Comment

get a piece of black pipe that will fit over the corrugated pipe - just slip it over the corrugated piece. maybe weld a couple of angle pieces on it that you can drive long spikes into the ground to secure it.

Comment

Another great idea!! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X
          =