Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof stupidity

Hi,

When my home was build the roof formed a "V" where water collects and runs then hits the top of one of my windows directly. The window now leaks quite a bit on rainy days. How can I fix this? Gutter would be very awkward in this area and perhaps wouldn't work.I have attached a picture and am looking at both quick fixes and major renovations as at some point I may want either a second floor and a larger kitchen.
    Any ideas?

Cute house but poor design. Looked at picture several times and quick cure is to take the entry roof off or a more extensive fix would be to somehow raise this roof and somehow incorperate it into existing roof.
    Perhapes going from the peak of the bay winow area down to lower left,front corner, doing away with the whole right side of entry roof.

Comment

I looked at the picture in my "paint" program in windows, and tried a couple of things, but because of that victorian turret kept on reaching a dead end. If you would change the roofline into a dormer the problem of that "cricket" would still be there. I have a similar problem at my house where the front angled roof meets two extending out from the house rooflines. But mine is at the rear of the house and not above a doorway. I'm stumped!

Comment

Window problem...

Hard to tell from the pic, but it appears that the gable at the entry is almost 'even' with the front face of the 'turret'. If so, a wall of sorts could fill between them such that the bottom would be even with the bottom of the gable and continue to the turret, The top would be intersected by continuing the roof facet to the immediate left of the turret center facet.

Comment

I can't see that piccy very clearly but you could always continue that side of the turret down to the roof section and have a cricket there. I don't think it would take away from the turret as it would be simply one side of the octagon.
          Have you got a clearer picture ?
          Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
          Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Hello Bob I can understand how it feels when you have to deal with a house where there are hardly any room for improvements. I would have loved to suggest you but am dealing with the same problem myself. My dad got the present home in which we are at present and clearly the person who sold him duped him. We do not have any provisions to renovate or remodel it too. Consulted some experts even they say they cant help. Would share the pictures next time.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =