Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning vinyl siding-What the heck can I use?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning vinyl siding-What the heck can I use?

Bought this house 2 years ago with 5 year old white vinyl siding. It's not smooth vinyl but wood grain look vinyl siding. The trouble is the siding just on the east side is noticably dirty. I knew this when we bought it and figured it needed a good cleaning. I have tried using Murpheys soap,Simple Green,rubbing alcohol,gas,paint thinner,comet,bleach and none of these will cut the dirt. The trouble is the dirt is caught in the wood grain and nothing will cut it. It's only on the east side and this is the side that faces the downtown area so i'm assuming it has something to do with the pollution that comes from the downtown area. I can't think of anything else. There has to be some kind of cleaner out there that will cut through this stuff. Does anyone know of anything else I should try? Thanks for the help!

have you tried a pressure washer with a fine mist tip? maybe live steam might work.

Comment

Thanks for the tip!

Never thought about the stem idea. Use to clean engines with steam and it would cut through anything. I'm going to check that out. Thanks!

Comment

yeah, we used a steam jenny when I worked for a power company and we used that to clean all the greasy crap that came out of the machine. cut right through all old paint and gunky grease!

Comment

Tsp

Trisodium Phosphate

TSP...

Mix it with water and use a sponge

pressure washer also is good.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =