Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does siding cost?

I've been looking at a few houses and there is one that I'm kind of liking but it needs new siding. It's not an enormous house probably around 1500-2000 sq ft. I've got a few pictures here that I took of it when I went to look at it today. It needs yard work and what not and its not that pretty but that would change if I bought it. I'm just trying to see what I'm getting into before picking one of these houses as the ones I'm looking at are fixers.

Dougie085/2925 Cake Way - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'll take a stab in the dark.....from your pictures an economy siding, installed would/could run at about $8K.
    The cost of siding is changing almost daily (petroleum product) basic siding costs about $65/square (10'x10') If you plan to install it yourself.
    Don't forget that there is also aluminum to bend up for trim and all the J channel and corners to buy as well and they can add up.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Yeah the only quote I could get was buying the materials from Home Depot which their most expensive stuff is 130 bucks a box and covers 200sq ft.

Comment

home depot has all the j track, F track, internal corners and external corners and starter strip you'll need. DIY siding is really easy to do. I've done my house and my mother's garage. you'll need a circular saw with a fine blade, a utility knife and blades, a ten inch pair of tin snips, measuring tape and a crayon for marking. 1 1/2 inch roofing nails, hammer. Double foil faced insulation board if you need it. If you plan on doing a lot of this stuff, invest in a stapler called a Whammer. Takes 9/16" staples which you load into it and just wham it like a hammer against the board and wall.

Comment

Ah I think I know the tool you speak of I've done a lot of home repairs and DIY stuff before so I don't doubt I can do it. If I can get all materials for around 3k then that would be nice and would be easily doable. Have to see. They said that was their most expensive stuff so I figure there is probably some stuff thats a bit cheaper. Might be a good time to put in some upgraded insulation as well as it is a rather old house. I still have to look at the inside before I make any sort of decision, and there are a couple other houses I need to look at.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =