Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to change/spice up look of house. Pics inside, ideas?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to change/spice up look of house. Pics inside, ideas?

Beige garage on the right is my neighbors.

I have lived at my starter home for 2.5 years now. I have pretty much re-done the whole inside (knocked wall down, drywalled, re-wired 100%, re-finished hardwood floors, new kitched backsplash, floor, counter tops, etc.

I feel that the outside of the house is very plain and I want to change it but am not sure what to do. I planted an Autumn Blaze Maple in the front yard and did some landscapping. I was thinking about just painting my window trim on the outside, it is AL. The siding is also AL. I included a close up pic of the window trim, as you can see it is faded and ugly. I would also paint the front door. My wife and I were thinking about doing a cranberry type color. However, I am not sure it would look good with our light green roof.

I was also thinking about adding vinyl shutters but there are some windows on the back that are close together or next to a sliding glass door where shutters wouldn't fit.

Any ideas would be great. Cost is definitely an issue so it cannot be anything too pricey.

House pics....

We had a similar issue at our last house. I took a pic of the front and made several copies of it. My wife had a few, I had a few. We then set to using colored pencils to do what we felt. Then discussed it and arrived at 'something', then did another copy with our compromises. It turned out quite nicely and was fun too.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =