Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Window Question, Replacement For Malta Doble Hung

My place has all Malta low e double hung windows. My daughters air conditioner managed to rot out the lower panel of one of my panes and of course while I was making up a new piece for it along came the wind blew it off the table and onto a convenient piece of farm equipment busting it. Some luck eh? It just so happens that I got too close with a screw mounting another AC unit in another room. Ah well at least they are an upper and a lower. I called Malta and found out that there aren't any dealers anywhere on the NE part of the country and they offered me new complete panes for a combined price of $275 with $75 being the shipping. I can handle the price of the windows but that shipping is over the top.
    Question is now do the other brands make a similar design that can fit right into the plastic track from the malta. Mine hinge into a small plastic spring loaded slider held in place by small steel pins at the sides. I never could find literature telling what the name of the window were besides the small tag stamped 7B4. I hate going to the hassle of putting in a whole new window. The window itself measures 53 high by 35 wide. Whats the best approach here, bit the bullet at 275 for convenience of get a replacement? As it is I am in no particular hurry since I have a Celotex replacement window in there but its a tad hard to see through
Working...
X
=