Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earthworms in the gutter???

I cleared my gutters, which were full of debris, this afternoon. While doing so, I found a bunch of earthworms in them. Big ones. Ones to go fishing with.

Ok, I'm no home repair pro, but it seems illogical to find earthworms in my gutters. The only thing I can think of would be for birds to have carried them up there? How else could they have gotten there?

flying earthworms! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      flying earthworms! LOL
      Unless they are related to Earthworm Jim, I think not. And there have not been any nuclear blasts any time in recent past in my area, so I doubt mutation is a consideration.

This one's about as weird to me as the guy who found a bird in his toilet.

Comment

Bird in the toilet, yeah, that's me!. Birds would be my best guess. the worms get into the leaves that rot and form a happy medium - nesting materials for them selves

Comment

Earth worm lay eggs, often the eggs are very shallow in the soil or just underneath leaf matter, birds fly in, scavenge through the leaf litter and the eggs stick to their feathers and legs.....bird goes the the roof for a preen or the gutter for a bath....presto....egg transfer and in blocked gutters there is no better place for a worm.
          Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
          Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =