Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

telephone line splicing outdoors-best method?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• telephone line splicing outdoors-best method?

Hi,

I tried using those splicers for indoors but they pull apart too easily. First mistake was stripping the wire. Is there any better method?

I'm suprised they don't have a female plug in for that sort of thing. Thanks.

you can use a punch down block or an rj-11 plug with a suitable crimper. then you'll need a back to back female coupler.

Comment

I used to have to deal with this kind of stuff. You need the things that have the gel in them. They are made for splicing telephone wite outside. you just match up the wires and put the wire in one at a time in each hole on the bottom of the burrial rated connector and clamp it with pliers. they are kind of like the automotive wire splicers but are soley for phone wore. Afterwords you can even burry the wire they work that good. You might just stop a phone repair company truck and he / she should just give you some or atleast tell you where to get them where you live. I order all my stuff from a company I have an account with for my business. Also a rubber tape followed by some electrical tape should also be considered if it gets burried just in case. I would use the butle rubber tape followed by 3 layers of the 2 inch 3 m tape as 3 layers of 3/4 inch. emember I used to build cell phone towers and work on lots of low voltage. You do extra now or you will have more to deal with later. Also do not touch 2 wires at the same time if it is still conected. The wires are set up to have a tip and ring, dont ask i never named them. But if someone calls you will get quite the jolt from them if you have the correct ones and can complete the circuit. ( experience sends chills down my back)

Comment

Working...
      X
      =