Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Storm Drain

I just bought my first house and I've called my sewer company and they don't cover the cost to replace the storm drain under my driveway near the road. It needs to be replaced as what's there now is a plastic flex pipe that's about 10" in diameter and it's collapsed in the middle. So now water is running out of it overtop of my gravel driveway creating a nice pothole there and it's eventually going to erode my gravel away.

What I'd like to know is what material/process I should use to keep this from happening again. I'm going to stick with the gravel driveway right now as having a paved one isn't in the budget. I saw up the street from my house, someone has a steel pipe that's about a foot in diameter going under their gravel driveway. I was thinking something along those lines. Would the steel tubing be my best bet for now?

I don't know why the utility put in plastic in the first place! Normally under a traffic area they put in corrugated spiral steel culvert pipe with entrance/exit funnels.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =