Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window "track holder" broken

Hey everyone, I'm not sure if this is in the right section, but I'm having an issue with one of the window's at my parent's house and was hoping you might be able to help me.

At the top of the window there's two black stabilizers that hold the window in place along the track, and both of them have cracked.

I've attached two pictures of the left and right side of the window, they probably do a better job explaining the situation than I could.

I was wondering where (if?) I could find these parts, and what would be involved with repairing the window.

Thanks!

If you can find a manufacturer name on the window they usually put them on the window locks. Then you can call a couple of local window supply companies to find out who sells this brand, then you'll be able to start the hunt for spare parts.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Do you mean hold the window in the open position? From the pics they look like older windows. Check your local Ace hardware, you might be surpised. Also if there is a hardware store in your area that has been around for a long time, they might have something. I have seen diff. types of window supports that might work. (kind of an after market part)

Comment

Working...
      X
      =