Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne dalton weather seal

I have a Wayne Dalton 8x16 insulated garage door. I recently replace the complete weather seal (rubber seal & the plastic piece that holds it to the door)
    Now the rubber part makes contact with the wall at the point where the bottom of the door transitions from vertical to horizontal. The channel shaped part that attaches to the door could be turned around but the way it is offset to one side it would make it even worse. This door was installed in 1992 the replacement parts were for a Wayne Dalton door But maybe they have changed over the years ? Does anyone have any ideas ?

wayne dalton seal

Hello,

sorry for being so late with my response but I just joined the site. anyway, what your describing is the "adjustable bottom seal" that they typically put on the 9000 series doors to help with uneven concrete. This seal is made so the plastic channel can be slid up or down to match the variations in the concrete. The standard bottom seal that came with the door has to be removed in order to install this seal- so yours probably was at some point. typically you will see this seal where the concrete has heaved in the middle and creates a gap on either side. however the problem is, that if the gap is too big, people pull that adjustable seal too far in order to try and cover it. then when the door hits the "transition point" you were talking about, it hits the wood jamb. this causes it turn turn upside down or tear over time. the answer is to try and move the seal up closer to the bottom of the door panel. otherwise you could trim the rubber in far enough that it misses the wood jamb when it opens and closes or try and spray lubricant and the parts that make contact- I usually do that anyway when i have to install it. hope this helps- although it's probably been fixed by now.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =