Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opener Question

Hey guys, I have a very old Craftsman garage door opener and it works fine, no issues. Problem is the 2 clickers I got have seen better days. 1 doesn't work at all and the other is on it's last leg. I have been unable to find a replacement. I have tried 3 different "universal" openers and none of them work with this particular craftsman model.

My question is, can I replace just the wall mount piece (I don't know what else to call it) and continue to use the same opener part. i.e. connect a new, different brand wall piece to the wires coming from the opener so I would have new clickers too.

If so, where can I buy just the wall mount piece.

Thanks.

The wireless clickers communicate directly (by radio signal) with the overhead opener unit. Replacing the wired wallmounted piece has no effect on the working of the wireless clickers.

Different brands openers use different radio frequencies, and some older openers used a rare/unique frequency which today's universal clickers cannot provide. You will have to find out what is the frequency of your Craftsman, then check the instruction manual for your universal clickers to see about setting it's frequency to match the Craftsman.

Comment

garage door

In your case I think that the reviser box needs to be replaced but it’s not worth it

Comment

Working...
      X
      =