Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chamberlain Liftmaster Sensor Error

Chamberlain Liftmaster 2110 (circa 2002) has a Sensor Error and will not close normally. The circuit board flashes the light twice which supposedly means that the wires are shorted or incorrectly attached. It has worked correctly for years.

The wires seem fine, but neither sensor light is working. So.... I first replaced both sensors (about $33). No go. Even if I move the new sensors 1 foot away from the opener using brand new wires, I still get no amber (or green) lights on the sensors, and the circuit board still flashes 2 times. Strangely if I disconnect all four wires, the indicator light on the board flashes 4 times - which supposedly indicates the light connection is partially misalligned (which is clearly not correct)!

So.... my guess is that I need a new circuit board for the opener (~$90). Is there anything else I am missing or is there any other solution? I brand new opener is several hundred dollars...

Thank you.

You've done the correct steps troubleshooting, next is replacing the logic board unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =