Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insulate Vinyl Type Garage Door

I have a vinyl type product garage door. 4 panels that are straight open and across, 9 feet long and 16 inches wide with no edges to tuck in any blanket type insulation similar to what is in the Owens Corning Kit. I came across a product at my local home depot called "Reflectix". Indicates a R3.

1. Would this product work for my door?

2. If it will help warm up the garage a bit should I leave a pocket of air behind or attach it directly against the door and secure with the tape they also sell at home depot for this product?

Thanks for any tips? I can take a pic if necessary.

Paul

Update:

I ended up using a product today called "Ayr-Foil", fairly easy installation with an air pocket on each panel. Way brighter in the garage thats for sure. May take a day or so to see if the temp is warmer.

Last edited by 06Honda; 12-07-2012, 04:21 PM. Reason: When ahead with project

Has any one else had success with these DIY garage door insulation kits? Or is it better to just install a garage door with a high R-value?

Comment

You are much better off installing a new garage door with a higher R-value.
      Last edited by tmordoor; 01-08-2013, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =