Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steel, vinyl, or wood: what garage door do you recommend?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel, vinyl, or wood: what garage door do you recommend?

So is there a benefit to installing vinyl garage doors rather than wood garage doors or steel garage doors?

There is only one good vinyl garage door on the market. Its manufactured by Wayne Dalton. Its the model 8700 series and is truly dent proof. They are very expensive but worth it if you have kids. Wood doors are out of style. Steel garage doors are probably 90% of the garage door market nation wide. They are economical and boast high R values.

Comment

I agree with Tmordor, while vinyl doors have a durable skin, the hardware package is fairly weak and not recommended for insulation purposes. Steel polyurethane insulated doors are a great way to go. Wayne Dalton and Overhead Door have very good products. As far as wood goes, depending on whether you wish to spend a lot of money or very little money, you get what you pay for. New housing markets are big on Cladwood doors which IMO is just sawdust and clue, while the retrofit market has seen a boom in custom manufactured wood sectional doors similar to high end furniture in your home. With the right hardware package it can be a very nice door. But has a high price tag.

Comment

Thanks for your responses. I agree that steel garage doors seem to be the best option at the moment but I think fiberglass garage doors will probably become more popular and advanced.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =