Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garage door closes more than i want

Hi, my first post!
    i know this is a weird problem but i need to know the answer, this is driving me crazy!

Ok so the problem is, i have a belt drive garage opener installed, i set everything in the limit settings and when i close it it closes fine, but after a few times, it starts closing more in the down limit and opening less in the up limit, i already swap than thing that has the adjusting screws (dont know the name) please help i have to adjust the down travel everytime before closing it.

You don't say what brand opener you have, so I'm guessing one of three, LiftMaster, Chamberlain or Craftsman. The bushing @ the drive sprocket is worn out. To repair your opener you will need one or the other. The belt sprocket (pulley) on this 41A4885-5 has a 14 cogs (ridges). If you have 9 cogs you need 41A4885-2. Do I Need All This????? Unplug the power cord for your opener and then take off the cover so you can get a good look at the white gear. Look on top of the gear and you will see a ton of black stuff from the bushing. Why all this??? The open/close assembly is operated by a little gear at the other end of the sprocket shaft. When top bushing fail the sprocket move forward and kick out the gear at the bottom and sometimes make it skip and then you need to reset your limit all the time.

Comment

Thank u so much TJR, changed that part and now everything works great!

Comment

You are welcome.

Comment

garage door openers

Some older garage door openers never have pleasantly labeled fitting screws for power and travel limits. In point of fact, still some of the Modern openers designed for and resold by your introductory garage door party are not user friendly.there is a lot of people available you can give you online help in it but i can suggest you to visit that site maybe they can give you better helprontogaragedoors

Comment

Working...
          X
          =