Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage Door Opener Wont Learn Correctly

It all started when I was trying to program my built-in visor remote control on my new Jeep. I wound up pressing the Learn button on the door opener itself for 6 seconds as instructed until it turned off thus erasing all codes. My plan was to just reprogram all my remote controls over again. However, when I press the learn button, it does not stay lit as the manuals suggest it should. It just turns off and a short time later flashes between 1 and 4 times. I've checked the web and found that it could be a number of problems but this makes no sense as the opener and 3 remotes worked perfectly until I tried to program the visor remote. Now nothing works at all. None of my three remotes, the wall unit, or the learn button work at all rendering my garage door opener totally useless.

Anyone have any idea what could cause the learn button to not work correctly?

I've tried unplugging the unit several times as well.

What opener do you have??
    If you press and hold the learn button on a Liftmaster, Chamberlain or Craftsman opener you erase the codes stored in the openers memory, but nothing with the wall control that is wired direct into the opener. Check the alignment of the safety sensor and the wires. Check the wire connections on the motor head that is right next to the learn button. A loose wire and/or broken wire can give you some of the problems you describe. Things like that I will check first before thinking bad board.

Comment

The new general remotes will runs with either learn button or DIP switch openers. Usually you put the switches to fit the opener you have... press the learn on the opener... then press the buttons on the remote pro re nata.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =