Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to add a second wall button to my Craftsman AssureLink garage door opener

Seems like it would be pretty simple, I want to add a second button, on the other side of my garage, to control my assure link garage door opener. When I was a kid, the old genie garage door opener we had, allowed us to put a doorbell on the inside of the garage, over where we would exit the garage (prior to the wireless outdoor code transmitters) and you pushed it as you left. Simple and it closed the garage door.

Basically I want to do the same thing. I have access to my garage from both sides of the garage. So I want to add a button on the other side too. I've tried a door bell and the light illuminates on the door bell but when you push it nothing happens. I tried the Craftsman Control Console Premium and it too lights up, but it won't turn on/off the light or open the door when pushed.

There are only two wires on these things (doorbell and Craftsman Console), so I can't figure out why, when I connect them to the terminal points on the opener that they don't open the door.

Am I missing something really easy here that I should be able to see? if anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    John

You are not missing anything, it just the way the opener are made. The AssureLink/MyQ are the only push button/wall control to operate your opener. I have yet to try to add a second wall control so I can't say for sure if it will work.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =