Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage door opener will not close remotely when it is cold

I have a single garage door, and the opener attached is a Craftsman. I don't know how old it is, but it's somewhere between 3 and 16 years old.

The problem is that it will not close via a remote when it is colder than about 65 degrees F. It will close from the wall button, and it will open from the wall button, from the remote keypad, and from the remote built in to my car.

Neither the remote keypad or my car can close it when it is colder than about 65 degrees F. When it is warmer than that, everything works fine.

Any ideas on this one? I replaced the internal gears inside the opener about 3 years ago.

Will it go part way and then reverse or just noting at all?
    If the work light are blinking or you can hear it clicking for about 10 seconds, your sensor are slightly out of alignment.
    The Craftsman opener has a sticker under the light cover with a date of when it's made.

Comment

Nope, it does nothing - as if it's not receiving the signal.

Which makes sense - as I said, it works perfectly normally from the (wired) wall button, but not from any of the RF remotes.

Thus, I'm led to believe that it's a problem in the RF receiver - however, only when it's told to close, and only when it's cold.

Comment

I guess that's not the first time it happens. If you have some that only runs when cold outside, it might send out some interference that block the signal from the remote. Try hold the remote up to the motor head and see if it will operate the opener. But as you said it's probably the receiver part on the logic board that's going bad.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =