Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyQ would not work, liftmaster states I may have a defective logic board

I have a new liftmaster garage door installed just over a year ago and my warranty expired by 2 months. I tried to install the MyQ but it wouldn't work. I worked with lift master for 2 days. I must say they have great tech support.

after 2 days they said the MyQ may be defective and mailed me another. Well that one didn't work also. I called them back and another 2 hours of troubleshooting. They said I may possible have a bad logic board but they could not honor the warranty as it expired. Bummer.

They told me I need part number logic board 45dct and the cost is $139. I look around at various sited and can possible pick it up for slightly under $100 but before I dump more money is there any way to tell if the board is bad as I don't think I can return the board if that's not the issue or is there possible another solution.

Thanks in advance.

There is no meter or tool to plugin to pin point the problem. Make sure all the connector is in secure. I have other boards so I can switch around and eliminate the problem. LiftMaster has a good customer service.
    Might tryout the gateway at a friends house to see if it will work that and/or try another phone/computer/router to eliminate the problem.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =