Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genie Excelerator

Came home from work today and used the keychain remote to open the garage door. It worked fine. Went through the garage and pushed the wall button to close the garage door and nothing happened. Looked at the wall mounted button and noticed the button was not lit, went back outside and tried the keypad, it did not open it but can hear the board click after entering the code and pushing the star button. The remotes do work. Transformer is sending voltage to keypad, any thoughts on further checks I can make. Thanks..Dan

Genie has a recall on some of their new openers, for full list or models and more info
    Product Recall | The Genie Company

If you are not on that list, check the wires for the wall control at the control and at the motor head. Will it operate when you short the wires at the wall control or short the connecting points on the motor head?
    Your remotes can open and close the door, the outside keypad click on the control board for the keypad and nothing from the wall control. Correct?
    Wire connection at the motor head.
    Unplug the opener at the power outlet for 20 seconds.
    The Excelerator is one of very few opener that has a fuse inside the box, but if that's bad, the remotes will not work either.

Comment

Not on that list. Shorted across the inside button, no response, again checked safety beam, one light red, one green..no obstructions,, jumped across number one and two terminals that go to inside switch, no response, still hearing the keypad click ( relay ), after putting in code. So to sum it up, I got nothing when using outside keypad or inside buttons, but remotes do work the door.. I will unhook the keypad and wiring tonight to try and isolate the culprit on the power head, is there anything I can jump out to test items one by one? Thanks.....Dan

Comment

Your keypad are wired direct to the opener and share the same connecting points as the wall control. The click you hear is a relay that do the same as your finger on the wall control. Most keypads today are wireless and program to the opener as a remote.
        Green and red light in the safety sensor = Ok to close.
        Disconnect keypad and wall control at the motor head, jump/short the two points on the opener with a wire. If that not working it's possible a board failure.

Comment

Wall button is locked

The wall button may just be locked. On your wall button there will be either a switch or a button with a picture of a lock. Push the button for 3 seconds or move the switch and you should be back to normal.

Comment

Thanks y'all. Found a pinched wire coming from the keypad to the power head.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =