Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craftsman 1/2 hp Garage door opener won't work

My garage door opener is not working, can't open... when I click button on the wall it makes "click" noise. even lights are off on garage door opener. I tried to unplug and plug again it didn't help, sensors look fine (one green and other one is red/orange) tried to clean them (I don't think sensor should prevent from opening, it works only when closing am I right?)
    Also when I push button small green light on the side of opener blinks...
    I took down opener, looked inside don't see anything burnt or bad (May be I shouldn't do that...)

Thanks

Make sure the lock is of. Some has a lock option on the wall control and when in lock mode the green light on the wall control will be blinking. To unlock press and hold the smallest one of the two round buttons on the wall control for 2-3 seconds and you should have a solid green light in the wall control.

Comment

Originally posted by TJR View Post
      Make sure the lock is of. Some has a lock option on the wall control and when in lock mode the green light on the wall control will be blinking. To unlock press and hold the smallest one of the two round buttons on the wall control for 2-3 seconds and you should have a solid green light in the wall control.
      It's Solid green on the wall control, blinking light is on the side of the door opener by the program button. And it only flashes when I try to open.
      I'll probably by new one...
      Thanks

Comment

Ok, the lock was a try, but it can sound like a logic board failure. Online that can run up to $100 and then what will be next. Don't get me wrong the Craftsman opener are good openers, but if it has some years on it then you might see the gear and bushings go bad. You can get a good opener for less than $200 and now when you took the old Craftsman opener down that's almost half the work. With a new Craftsman opener you can use most of the brackets already there.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =