Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow blinking eyes only in the AM

I have a brand new 16' Wayne Dalton door and Genie 2024 opener. This started right after the install. In the morning when I try to leave for work the door will go down maybe a third of the way then go back up. The installers came back, swapped the electric eyes and assured me that would correct the problem. It did not, the red electric eye blinks about every 10 seconds, however, in the afternoon it is fine. They came back out and changed out the eyes, put in a new circuit board and ran new wiring; it still was happening until he ran an extension cord to another circuit, then it worked fine. I have changed out the 2 plugs that were in the circuit, tried eliminating one, I have switched the breaker, even tried moving the circuit to the other side of the panel. I can only troubleshoot it in the morning because after noon it works fine. Anyone have any idea where to go from here? In the circuit is an outlet for the opener, 2 switched lights in the garage and another outlet at the back of the garage. It seems to start blinking at midnight and stop around noon. The house was built in 2006 so relatively new. Help, please.

Just to add that the slow blinking happens even when the door is closed.
    Last edited by BMike; 09-03-2014, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Your system work ok, so you have an electric problem in your house and need an electrician to trouble shoot it.
      I'm not an electrician, but some brain farts here:
      What is only running midnight to noon. Some on that circuit you don't know about.
      Flipped off all the breakers for the house except for that one circuit.
      Did you put a meter on the out let to see if the voltage change/drop as the red light blink.
      When you press and hold the wall button can you close the door.

Comment

check your wiring to the outlet. nine times out of ten, there's a loose neutral [white wire(s)]

Comment

I had an Electrician out to check everything, he re-wired the 2 outlets, it turns out that is the only thing on the circuit. He even changed the phase(?) in the box, but it is still happening. If I plug an extension cord into the circuit an move it around, like making it longer or coiling it up, the blinking will slow or speed up but still keeps doing it. I have shut off everything else in the box except the garage circuit and it still slow blinks. The alarm is wireless so I even took the battery out of that unit, (ADT=not happy), and removed the control panel. At this point I'm going to buy a bunch of romex and work my way back to the box to try to isolate. It just may be that this house was built on some sort of anti-garage door opener burial grounds, ugh.

Comment

So after talking to everyone I know about this a buddy, who works with audio/video, suggested that I go to the hardware store, spend a buck and pick up an adapter that takes out the grounding plug; there is a short piece of wire attached that you are supposed to attach to the center screw on the switch plate. Anyhow, this worked, somehow something is feeding back into the circuit via the grounding plug, so get rid of it.

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
              X
              =