Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door comes down and then goes back up

A few weeks ago my garage door started acting up. When I put press the button it would go all the way down, hit the floor, and then go back up. The only way to get it to stay down is hit the button when it got to the floor. I did that for a few days and then it wouldn't go up at all. After looking it over I noticed a spring was broke. I ordered new springs and replaced them. When I finished and tested out the door, it goes up and down great...but it still won't stay down! Any suggestions would be great and I can upload a video if necessary. Thanks!

If the door make contact with the floor and reverse you need to adjust the close limit on your opener.

Comment

There could be more causes why garage doors open on their own. You might want to reset your garage door opener, or maybe there's a button sticking. There's a short e-book that discusses 10 causes why garage doors open on their own and how you can fix it in each instance. It's free to download, but very helpful. Our technicians put it together by combining their knowledge and extensive online research. Take a look on our website at All 4 Seasons Garage Doors and click on "Free Offerings." Let me know if it helps!

Comment

I have this same problem. I have a Marantec M4500e. It has worked flawlessly until last night. We had a big wind storm (Seattle). So this AM leaving for church, when we pressed the open button on the wall, it sorts of slogged to the open position like it was straining to open. Then it did. We got into the car and backed out. Then pressing the remote, it closed fine but after about a second, it re-opened. I tried to re-set it by unplugging. But it still re-opens. One more thing, I now notice a clicking sound. LED Buttons #8 and #2 are lit up. I downloaded the PDF manual but nothing seems to work. Nothing is obstructing the path. They "eyes" are in alignment. Any ideas?

Comment

Check your springs. Look up above the door and see if you have a broken spring. If you see a gap in between the coils about 2", that will be a broken spring and you need the springs replaced.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =