Clear All

• Suspect Starter on Allister Garage Door opener

Model: Allister type IIa
    remote: Allstar
    Receiver: Allstar
    Starter: Mepco/Electrica 35F4022BA1 3535 B4A0067A250A2
    Starter terminal wires: terminal #12xBlue: Terminal #2X Pink

Please see attached pictures:

Question: Do you suggest I clean thetar off the starter motor wires, ensure there are no electric shortsand try the garage door again?

Question: Do you suggest, if thatdoesn't work, that I replace the starter?

BACKGROUND information:

My door opener for my garage is not behaving consistently. About 90 percent of the time itwill go "click click" but not activate the motor and belt.I was able to get it to work this morning both from the wall switchand using the hand held remote. Then I started smelling something. Itworked for two full cycles activating the belt, Then it just stoppedworking. Now is works, but only one cycle at a time. I have to resetthe circuit breaker just the get the door to up. . . then I have toreset it again to get the door to go down. So, I opened the Allisterpanel and saw that there was a Black gueey tar like substance about 4inches in diameter (as shown in picture) that had connected itself toall four terminal wires going into and out of the starter. There wasalso an oily substance oozing out of the starter. (please seepicture- attached).
    Attached Files

Replace the start capacitor, it's blown and that was the smell, might been some smoke to. Or replace the entire opener, that thing is old.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =