Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LiftMaster Garage Not Working

Hello fellow forum users. This is my first time visiting this site, so I hope you guys will be able to help me out with my situation.

This morning when I woke up, my garage door opener did not work. I also have 3 other bays in my garage, each with its own opener, so I tried using the other 3 as well, and neither of them are working. I find it very strange that all 4 openers would die at the same time, so I thought that maybe the power was out. Checked all the fuses to the garage and the house, and nothing is flipped. Also checked the exterior wires outside to see if there was a break in the wire, but everything is connected and secured.

My garage does not have any door, nor any windows, so I cannot see if there are any lights flashing on the reciever or not, nor can I access my garage. Although Desprit, I pulled off some molding on the garage and was able to press the button thats inside the garage, and still nothing opened.

Since I cannot see, I tried listening in to see if I could hear any humming or clicking, and I was unable to hear anything.

The only thing I can think of, is that there must be a break in power somewhere, but im not sure. Anyone have any ideas?

Im not too sure what type of model I have, but it was made in 2002.

could be because of the newer electrical code some or all your overhead receptacles are gfci type. it is odd that ALL would trip if that's the case or maybe the way they are wired, the downstream wiring of the gfci also protects the downstream outlets. when the first one trips they all go out. isn't there some kind of keylock on the door with a cable connection to the quick release on the carriage? sears or genie had(s) this option.

Comment

there is a key lock system for the garage, but because the garage is currently connected to the belt, even if I unlock it, the door is still shut tight.

I called our electric company to have someone come down tomorrow to see if there may be some faulty wiring or something loose on the external cables. I'll update when I hear anything.

Comment

Check operators with extension cord

Check the operators on another circuit via extension cord, or even just plug something else into the outlets to see if you have power. It is very unlikely that all would go out at the same time, unless you had a lightning strike that fried the circuit boards, or even a power surge.

You should be able to disengage the operator from the door allowing manual operation. Pull the red cord hanging from the trolley rail where the operator arm connects to rail.

I am sure that all the springs did not brake at the same time as well. will chck back tonight for any updates.

RYAN

Comment

emergency disconnect

if you have no access to the garage other than thru the garage doors, you should have an emergency disconnect. this is a little device that utilizes a key to pull a cord that connects to the operator arm disconnect. So check for a keyed slot somewhere on one of the top 2 sections of the garage door. If you don't have one you may end up replacing a garage door section.

Ryan

Comment

hey guys, sorry I havent replied back soon enough to your posts. Turns out that there was a break in the power line leading to the garage. Not exactly sure how it happened, but it is fixed now.

Thanks for everyones input!

Comment

Working...
            X
            =