Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift-Master Formula1

Originally posted by garagedoorguy View Post
    I like to extend my knowledge of garage doors to anyone in need of advice or repair tips. Feel free to send me a message and i'll try to post a link to my website once i am able to do so. Thanks
    I have a Lift-Master Formula1 opener that has decided to just be stupid. It now opens only about 6 to 12 inches and stops. When I try to open it again, it goes down and then back up 6 to 12 inches and stops again. If I put one finger on the door and assist it while it goes up, then it will go up all the way. Once up all the way, it has no problems going all the way down. I just cant get it to go all the way up on its own and I am completely baffled on why? Anything you could do to help would be gratefully accepted.

Ok. so first with the door in the closed position pull the disconnect cord to disengage the door from the opener. Then check and see how the door runs manually. If it is very hard to lift up you probably have a broken spring. To check this look up and see if there is a gap of 2 to 3 inches in one of the springs. I am assuming this is a double wide door. Anyway if the door goes up and down by hand ok then you probably just need to adjust the forces on the opener. There are limit adjustments and force adjustments. YOU ONLY WANT TO CHANGE THE FORCE ADJUSTMENT. There is a separate open force and close force. These will be the adjustments under the lite cover located where all of the wires ie(photo eyes and wall button) connect to the machine. They should be labeled open force/close force. Now Turn the open force up slightly and try running the door open again. Repeat until the door opens consistently without fail. Note you don't typically want to turn the forces all the way up because this could result in damage to the door if the door itself is not running smoothly. Let me know if this helps and don't forget to check out my website in the future you can email me directly from the contact page. Hope this helps

p.s. don't adjust the open and travel limits! Make sure you are adjusting the forces b4 making any adjustments

Comment

Great... at least there is some hope! Won't be home until the weekend and will check it out and keep you updated.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =