Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel Craft remote and Craftman GDO

Can I program a Steel craft remote with a Craftman GDO?

Steel Craft Remote

I believe that may be a possibility. They are compatible with chamberlain products so the only concern is whether or not you have the same technology, and frequency. If it is security plus and has a 390 frequency it would work with the craftsman, chamberlain, or liftmaster operators with the red or orange learn button.

If it is less than 4 years old it would work with operators that have a purple learn button.

If it is around 12 years old or older it would probably only be compatible with a green or yellow learn button.

Be aware that if you have an older red learn button, those circuit boards were backward compatible with the older remotes. This means that you can use either remote to run the operator, but not both. So all the remotes in service need to be of the same technology and frequency.

Ryan

Comment

Is it a straight replacement from an old steel craft to a new craftsman?

Is it a straigh switch out from an old steel 1/2 HP Chain drive steel craft to a 1/2 HP chain drive craftsman? Or will I have to rerun and fish the wires to the mounted garage door openers? If I can get door sensors that are compatible with the old steel craft. I'd do that.

Comment

The small button on the back of your motor should be RED or PURPLE. If it is not then you have an OLD opener.

If it is too old (made before photo eyes were required) you probably will have a difficult time getting a remote.

I recommend a LIFTMASTER brand remote. The 375LM is a universal remote and should work on just about any opener. If it doesn't work you make be out of luck....

What year of opener and what color learn button do you have?

Mike
        Stamps Garage Doors
        Garage Door Parts
        Last edited by stampdoorparts; 12-26-2011, 10:51 PM.

Comment

opener pro

You cannot reprogram that remote control but you can porches universal remount control

Comment

Working...
          X
          =