Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sears Craftsman 1/2 HP Opener... cradle will not move, but motor is working

I have an older Sears Craftsman 1/2 HP garage door opener. The FCC ID is HBW1D3605 and I cannot see all of the model #; however it starts with 41A3. This morning I went to open the garage and it went up around 6" and then the motor continued to make noise; however the cradle stopped moving. I know the track/springs are fine because the door easily lifts open after I disengaged it. What could this be? From reading other posts, it sounds like the nylon drive gear. If so, does anyone know the part # or do I need to verify the model # completely?

Also, are there instructions anywhere on how to replace this?

Thanks in advance!

gear kit

This part has been exactly the same for a very long time. Go to any garage door service company, tell them you have a craftsman chain drive and you need the gear and sprocket kit. They will know what you need.

I posted instructions for this in a previous thread. If you can,t find it I will post a link here later.
    Ryan

Comment

I installed a new gear drive and worm gear last night and that issue is fixed; however now I have another issue. I was adjusting the up/down limit and force after I completed the installation and now the door moves about 6 inches and stops. I removed the chain from the sprocket, closed the door and removed the limit switch and manually adjusted it so the contact was touching for the closed position. I then reattached the chain and tried opening the door. The door opens 6" and stops. If I press it again it goes up a little more and stops.

I watched the limit switch while it was running and the motor is stopping without even being close to touching the contact for the open position.

Also, I have tried high, medium and low for the force setting and this did not help.

Any insight you might have would be appreciated!

Comment

The tracks are fine... door goes up easily when disengaged.

I purchased an RPM sensor today because reading other forums other people had the same symptoms and this was the culprit.

Comment

The RPM Sensor fixed this issue... all is good!

Comment

Working...
          X
          =