Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entire Street with Garage Door Opener Interference

I am having an odd problem. I live on a small street with 20 or so houses, within the last few weeks everyone began having trouble with their garage doors openers. Basically the only time anyone can get their remote to work is if they are standing directly under their opener. Otherwise, it's a no go.

Everyone has different brand opener and we've tried just about everything to get them to work without success.

I'm sure there is some type of interference occurring, but to cover such a range, it can't be anything residential. There is a business at the end of the street that could be the culprit, but we have no way of knowing for sure.

Any ideas as to what we might be able to do?

Are there power lines nearby operating at or near 115 thousand volts? EMR or electro magnetism radiated may be the culprit. Something in the mix just isn't correct. Try programming the opener(s) to a different frequency. Could be just a harmonic of the basic frequency that's screwing everything up.

Comment

Originally posted by phatchamp View Post
      I am having an odd problem. I live on a small street with 20 or so houses, within the last few weeks everyone began having trouble with their garage doors openers. Basically the only time anyone can get their remote to work is if they are standing directly under their opener. Otherwise, it's a no go.

Everyone has different brand opener and we've tried just about everything to get them to work without success.

I'm sure there is some type of interference occurring, but to cover such a range, it can't be anything residential. There is a business at the end of the street that could be the culprit, but we have no way of knowing for sure.

Any ideas as to what we might be able to do?
      This happened in my area and we found out our radio station changed there frequency and we had openers not working, doors opening when the were not asked to open. Every one with in a 1/2 mi or so was having trouble.
      A electrons man had to change the door controls to a double frequency
      to make them work right. Later Paul

Comment

Is there a military base in the area?

Comment

I would second the suggestion to try another frequency.

I've seen all sorts of issues with WiFi, Cordless Phones, and underground wiring faults screwing wireless devices.

In all cases switching to another frequency worked.

Honestly, you should let someone know that there's that kind of interference but I don't know *who* you would tell?

Perhaps the FCC/police would be able to find the right law enforcement branch to deal with it.. ?

Comment

I worked a job in a Grand Rapids, MI subarb where an entire subdivision got wiped out by a neighbor with a ham radio. Took a while to figue it out but the neighborhood assn. had to file a complaint wth the FCC. We couldn't do anything because there was no fault with our equipment and we wre not the ones affected.

He was fined for being over power.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =