Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surge protection for garage door openers

Remenber to allways add a surge protction to that plug where you plug in the Garage Door Opener, Purchase a single protection plug which can be found at any hardware/box store.
    A couple of dollars could save a costly expense of a logic board (circuit board)

Surge protectors may not be enough. If you use a standard surge protector you are not protecting the opener entirely. LiftMaster make a protector that will protect the motor head completely. It does so by providing protection for the wire that go to the photo eyes and wall button. Lighting can enter through the photoeyes. I have seen it personally. Lighting during a heavy rain struck the house and near the garage doors and traveled through the water to the photo eyes and into the head and onto the wallbutton. It fryed everything. Ryan

Comment

Surge protection is for an electrical surge not a lightning strick, I live in Houston, Texas where we have many heat and thunder storm during the year. I have never had one of my customers come back to me and say the surge protection didn't work .
      Service people don't allways agree on how to repair something the same way we do down south maybe a little different you but the out come is allways the same " Repaired "

Comment

Working...
      X
      =