Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage door opener issue

Hello! I have a Chamberlain 1/2hp garage door opener. It is a '95 but was only used for about 2 months when it was installed. It has since been disconnected and not used in any way. I just hooked it back up and installed a "key pad" door opener as well. The unit has the sensors at the bottom of the doors to keep it from closing if something is in the path of the door.

when I go to close the door it closes a little bit and the opens back up and the light flashes just like my other opener did if something was in the way. So, I thought may be they weren't aligned and I messed with them for about 20 minutes with no luck. Finally, just to try and eliminate them as an issue, I had someone hold them about 1" apart so I KNEW they where lined up properly and it still did the same thing.

Now, if I hold the button the garage will close all the way which I am told is basically an "over ride" or what ever. Is there a way I can just eliminate the sensors? The door opener has three numbered terminals, 1 (red), 2 (white) and 3 (black) if I jump 1 and 2 the door opens/closes (these are the terminals the button hooks up to) I thought maybe I could jump 1 & 3 (the terminals I think the sensors go to) and it still does the same thing (closes a little, then opens back up and flashes....

Any Ideas?

Please don't waste your time trying to disable the photo eyes, the unit will not work without them connected. direct sunlight can be a problem, bad wiring can be a problem, moving track can be a problem with the chamberlain products. Ideally I mount the eyes as far away from the track as I can get them to eliminate sunlight interferance. To test for bad wires you have to eliminate the old wires completely, any short in a wire will cause a promblem. Staples that are too, tight are not good. You could just have bad eyes or a bad circuit board.

YOU could test your eyes on any Chamberlain operator.. If your family or friends have one, swap yours with theirs and see if theirs works with your eyes.

Food for thought. Ryan

Comment

Working...
    X
    =