Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genie Excellerator H8000D stop working- SOS

Hi-
    My garage door stop working a few days ago. It went up 3 ft then stop. Now it won't go up or down. I had to manually close the door by releasing the locking mechanism on the carriage. There's power on the unit. There's a green light that blinks consistently every one second. I've gone thru the troubleshooting with Genie customer service, i.e. 1) lifting door 3 ft off ground, 2) unscrew wires on wall unit and then touching red and white wires together, 3) unscrew wires on 1 and 2 on actual unit hanging from ceiling and using needle nose pliers, touch 1 & 2. After these tests, it's still not working. Genie customer service tells me that the motor board needs to be replaced. How does she know this? Why not the control board instead? Also, if it is the motor board, there's a 3/4 inch fuse on the board. Could the problem be as simple replacing a broken fuse on the motor board?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    ryan

my experience dealing with technicians over the phone is that they are almost always right. LiftMaster and Genie phone techs are pretty good. I would recommend a different opener, but that is just me.

Ryan

Comment

Thanks for the response. I bought a couple of fuses (10A, 240V) to replace the one that's on the board. I checked the existing fuse and it didn't have connectivity. So I hope my gamble pays off. If not I will have to replace motor board driver for $57.
      Ryan

Comment

I replaced the fuse and got the door working but it didn't work 100%. There's something else wrong with it aside from a busted ceramic fuse. Therefore, I'm ordering a new motor board drive and hope it will fix my door problem.
        Thanks!
        ryan

Comment

Working...
        X
        =