Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LiftMaster 3800 Elite Series

Greetings: I have a LiftMaster 3800 I installed about 3 years ago. The unit has worked flawlessly. The other day I went to open the door and the opener motor hums briefly, then won't work. The springs are ok, the spring tension is ok, nothing is binding, the door lock is ok, I can manually open and close the door without any effort at all. Any ideas? I appreciate your help. Thanks...

First thing is to make sure that the cable tension monitor is in correct position. This means the the cable should be keeping the tenion monitoring device from flattening out against the wall. the cable near the motor should go behind the black little roller type thing just below the cable drum.

There is a transformer that could be bad. I'm not sure about that, but you can also check the diagnostic light near the learn button. The number of times it flashes will give you an idea of what might be wrong. e-mail me and i will send you the chart. or find it in the manual. Ryan

Comment

LiftMaster 3800 Elite Series

Hi gdoorpro, I appreciate your help. The cable tension monitor cable is where it should be and is functioning correctly. The diagnostic LED light is flashing 5 times meaning either the motor has overheated, or it's the RPM sensor, or the Logic Board. The motor has not overheated and there is no RPM sensor in this unit. That leaves the Logic Board. This is all according to my instruction booklet that came with the unit. I have tried with no success to find a test procedure to test out the Logic Board. I called OverHead Door in my area and they suggested to call tech support for LiftMaster and if they determined it was the Logic Board they would probably send me one. Again, I appreciate all your help. Thanks...

Comment

Working...
      X
      =