Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chamberlain Garage Door issue

I have a CG420D by Chamberlain. Just got a new logic board. At first it would only go up a little and then stop. Turns out, I had to get new safety sensors. Once I finally got those, It only moves 5 inches in one direction (up or down) and then returns to where it was.

I've played around with the travel and force settings. They don't seem to make it better. They end up making it worse where it only moves an inch.

What's going on with my door and how can I effectively tackle this situation?

Thank you!

Don't know if you have this fixed yet or not. The number you give in the post is not the model number to the Chamberlain. Looks like maybe a partial serial number or a part number.

Does this unit have the adjustment screws or a push button adjustment? Either way, disconnect the door from the opener and turn the adjustment screws until you get some travel in the trolley. Sometimes the logic board come with the screws set at zero point and you have to turn them quite a few revolutions. Turn the screws four complete revolutions and then operate the opener with a remote. If you have the push button limit settings, hold the push button down for about 5 seconds. Not the directional fine tuning, but the limit buttons. Have your hand on the power cord to disconnect the motor if the trolley begins to operate too far in either direction and adjust the screws as necessary. Once you have a base line, hook the door back to the opener and adjust the screws in small increments.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =