Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunshine
    replied
    PUSHKINS - not to be argumentative, but if routine mowing will dispense with the problem, why did not the routine mowing at fall and/or prior to the fall last year dispose of the concern?

The acorns are currently fastened to the ground???

Leave a comment:

• pushkins
    replied
    "Mow" after one or two mows the acorns will not re shoot.

Leave a comment:

• Sunshine
    started a topic Acorns - how to remove them

Acorns - how to remove them

Last fall I was NOT monitoring the activity of my yard worker(s) -

We were graced with a multitude of acorns - they were enmasse on my property, however, I made the mistake of "assuming" that someone would tell me when a problem developed.

One would think the lawn mower - with a grass catcher attached would have picked up the acorns routinely. No.

One would think that using the Troy built yard vacuum/chipper shredder would have been another option. However, it is possible that by the time it was time to consider using the Troy unit (for the usual fall leaf pickup) the acorns must have already started to attach to the ground. The person using the Troy unit NEVER mentioned that the acorns were NOT being picked up.

Finally, another yard worker - this time it was decided to use the Shop 'N Vac - with the 2 1/2" hose adapter - actually 40 hours of work was required to bag forty bags of acorns (each bag weighing approximately 35 pounds). Because WE had waited too long and many of the acorns had started sprouting and had to be dug up individually from the ground.

So, it is Spring and the remaining acorns are still there waiting to be removed - if that is at all possible. Today, I have a new yard worker here and he is using a hard garden rake - a leaf rake - some claw type hand tool and a flat headed shovel - that seems to be workable.

I truly doubt if he will be able to remove ALL the remaining acorns. The weather has been working against us -

I would appreciate if anyone has any bright ideas - I will attempt to follow through - or have my yard worker follow through.

I do have to stress these acorns are not an acorn here and there - they are laying enmasse - some areas actually fifteen feet in diameter.

I would appreciate any thoughts you might have.
Working...
X
=