Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ugly driveway

Hi all,

Well, spring's here, so the DIYer has moved outside. The south side of my house sits right on the driveway (old asphalt), and the driveway is long enough for 10 cars. Since the half of the driveway before the house is more than enough for the cars I need to park, I'd like to plant foundation plantings along the side of the house, to hide the ugly foundation. However -- what do I do about the asphalt -- it goes RIGHT to the side of the house. Can I plant evergreens on top of the asphalt -- build raised beds or something? Do I have to remove it -- and how?

Thanks!

Sounds like a perfect candidate for various sized/shaped potted plants. Even small evergreens in those terra-cotta plastic square tubs look good. My wife has several along our north wall, along with some nice rectangular cedar boxes my son made for her. She has some small evergreen trees about 2 foot tall in some of those planter boxes. What's nice about them is that they're easily moved with a two-wheeled hand truck to revise per a future 'opinion'!

Comment

Working...
    X
    =