Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snapper Trimmer won't start

Here's my problem:

I've got a Snapper Snap-n-go lawn/brush trimmer (model #s31-sng). I bought it the summer of 2003 and have used it only a handful of times. This year I went to use it and couldn't get it to start. I followed the instructions from the manual all the way to the point of trying to start a flooded engine (which it recommended after doing everything I had tried). I figured maybe the spark plug went out as I heard that they go quicker when you use have a gas/oil combination tank. Since replacing the spark plug I still can't get it to work. Any thoughts here on what else to check?? I'm about ready to just buy a new trimmer but this one hasn't been used enough to be thrown out.

Is it old gas? I'd pour out anything in the tank and fill with fresh gas/oil mix and try a few more times to get the fresh stuff to flow...

Comment

Ya know, I'm sure it is old gas. I'll put some fresh stuff in it and see what happens. I'll post the results. Thanks!

Comment

Well I'm a bit embarassed now. The new gas worked like a charm and the trimmer started up just fine. I always appreciate the suggestions from people here. So thanks again!! Now I just have to try and figure out what's wrong with my drip line....that's a whole nother topic.

Comment

I wsa soo indignant with Dad when he asked (REPEATEDLY!!) if I had gas in the mower. Unfortunatley, the spkoken words never show the quotes for emphasis as in 'GAS'. He told me to dip a rag in it and take it a distance away and see if it would burn. That's when I learned a bunch of stuff. The first was how water can actually be seen in the bottom of a mower fuel tank, the other was to 'listen'. He always accused me of hearing well, but not listening...I miss him and his aggravating ways...
          Glad it worked out for you. Hopefully we can help you with that drip issue.....

Comment

Working...
          X
          =