Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I new this question was going to have some unusual answers. I would never hurt an animal, so guys, you can relax, but I have to admit I did laugh at the picture, and I took it only as a joke! It doesn't mean when people suggest something that we will do that, but sometimes we need a little humor with our problems. Sorry I haven't logged in lately to reply.

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

Just wanted to thank everyone for your replies about the dog situation. The dogs have not been in my yard as much as they were. Haven't had a chance to do any of the suggestions you offered. Maybe it will stay this way and I won't have to do anything. I still appreciate any sugguestion. Thanks a million!!

Comment

First, it is illegal in almost EVERY state to not have your dogs under control. You could contact the Sheriff or animal control officer and have the animals removed. I would also send them a Landscaping Bill each week for every turd you have to scrape up. I think $5 per turd is efficient.

A few dishes of Anti-freeze & milk placed in your yard will prevent the problem from occurring again. If they don't keep their animals home then they obviously aren't overly concerned about their health and well-being.

Comment

anti-freeze will get you a lawsuit don't use it!

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
            anti-freeze will get you a lawsuit don't use it!
            Anti freeze will definitely get you a lawsuit and it will kill the animal. I would not do that. Thanks HayZee518, but you don't have to worry about me doing that.

Comment

I too live in the country and face from 6 to 12 dogs roaming the neighborhood on a daily basis. No leash laws are enforced (or even on the books as far as I know) in the rural Alabama, despite notions to the contrary (usually from folks who live in the city). My area is zoned for "agricultural usage," which means any neighbor could build a hog farm right next door to me and there wouldn't be anything I could do about it -- the downfall to many good points about living in the country. Anyway, I feel your pain, and I recommend the air rifle, or even a slingshot if you've got a good aim. Suffice it to say that while a BB or pellet will give the dog a bit of a sting, it won't do any real harm and will deter the dog from dumping on your lawn.... I speak from experience. As far as the folks who called the air rifle inhumane, well my inclination is that those people have never faced a similar situation, or maybe they don't mind living with animal feces. You've already done the right thing by speaking with your neighbors. If they ignore you and the problem persists, just pop em with a BB (the dogs, not the neigbor.....but, then again.....)

Comment

Working...
              X
              =