Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I transplant moss - or use such as mulch or whatever?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I transplant moss - or use such as mulch or whatever?

During April and May I was dealing with an infestation of termites, before the pesticide people would treat the termites they suggested that I have someone remove two sections of aluminum siding from the lower edge of the house. That was taken care of - and upon that removal found out that beneath the siding were wood strips that had provided the termites with access to the house. No matter -

So, after the pesticide person was here to treat for the termites I was left with a decision of what to do with the ground area beneath that area -
    On one side I already had Ajunga planted and I felt the Ajunga would just spread out to occupy that newly opened area.

However, at the far end of the house - I had a space along the house about two feet in width - with fresh top soil placed. The contractor asked if I wanted them to seed the area. I said no, I would see what I wanted to do with it. (Well, that was a dumb decision.)

Well, time went by and suddenly I found a healthy supply of weeds had taken over that area. I guess I really have to decide what to do about that.

I have given serious thought to - pulling the weeds when the ground is wet from a rain - and then transplant some portions of moss from my wooded area.

I have some Ajunga I could transplant there, but this morning - I wondered - why can't I just pull those weeds - and put down a healthy amount of such as mulch or whatever - there might be another name for it?

If anyone has any ideas I certainly would appreciate some feedback.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 08-11-2007, 01:47 PM.
Working...
X
=