Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moles!!!! HELP

Year after year I have this nasty mole problem in my yard.
    They tunnel and leave these mounds of dirt all over my lawn leaving it looking a mess.
    I know what your going to say..."GRUBS" Get rid of the grubs and you get rid of the moles.
    For the past 4 years I have tried different lawn spreads and have applied them religiously with no results.
    Any sure fire way to cure this problem?
    Gerry

go out late at night and take a shotgun with you.

Comment

go get some warfarin from a local feed and seed. find an active tunnel that the moles are using. Fill that tunnel with the warfarin and you should start getting some of them. Warfarin is the AI in Cumadin which is a blood thinner. Moles bleed alot on their feet from all the digging. they will basically bleed to death because the warfarin will not allow the blood to clot. If that doesn't work get a cat or two. They will catch them.

Comment

Find a hole and put your hose in it and fill the tunnels with water and drown them. Just kidding, you'll sink your lawn. Home Improvement stores should sell various types of rodent/peest/mole warfare equipment. If I'm not mistaken they still sell smoke bombs. These smoke bombs aren't like your usually 4th of July smoke bombs, these are made specifically for tunneling animals. Take one of these bombs and drop it into one of the active holes. The smoke will fill the tunnels and suffocate the moles, or drive them out.

Comment

Watch Caddyshack. I think Bill Murray had the right idea.

Comment

Hi!

Are you sure its a mole.... sounds like its a vole... but anyhow I had a similar problem and I didnt like the idea of killing them. What worked for me is blend the following : Garlic, Onion, Beer, The hottest peppers you have, Tabasco Sauce.... then go out to the yard.. if you have a hose end sprayer then just strain everything and fill up a bottle and spray down everything or you could just dig up the fresh mound that the rodent makes and find the tunnel and pour it in and flush it with water you might have to repeat this a few times.... Dont kill em... they look really nice ..

... Ive heard that you could use urine because they hate the odor...

Hope i coudl help

Comment

I have heard another homemade, green solution. Mix some lemon dishwater detergent in your hose sprayer and spray down the lawn. Do that every other day for a week. Pretty soon your neighbors will be wondering where all the voles came from.
              Sully

Comment

Ha Ha to Sully (previous poster) you made me remember last summer when I had a mole problem, I used camphor, broadcast and watered in, a couple of weeks later my neighbor commented on the sudden influx of moles in their yard....funny thing was my moles were no where to be seen, must have left for vacation..
                Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
                Every day is a learning day.

Comment

One word for you... CAT! Ours is a master moler

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =