Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wasp nest. try to get rid of or just wait till winter/

i just noticed a wasp nest inside a light fixture located on the outside of my garage. the light fixture is a motion sensor light. the bulb i had in went dead a few months ago, and i never replaced the bulb. so now the wasps have themselves a nice protected little home (there's a glass casing over where the bulb goes).

i'm not crazy about having these wasps there, although they really shouldnt be a problem as long as i dont disturb the nest. i wasnt planning on replacing the bulb till winter time (i'm located on long island, new york).

here's my stupid question: should i just wait till winter time (when the wasps are not around) and just stick a stick up inside the glass casing and destroy the nest? i have raid wasp killer spray, but i'm not to crazy about spraying that nest at night while all the wasps are home enjoying the evening. what do you folks think?

rich

before you know it the snow will be flying and you'll wish you were inside. wait for the temp to drop and then do your deed.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =