Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tecumseh Powered snowthrower question

Hey all! I have a snowthrower that is powered by a tecumseh motor. Don't have to much info on it as I bought it used for cheap but it works great but it has no air cleaner on it and I'm not sure where one would go. Now on top of the motor is the valve cover with OHV(overhead valve) printed on top and there is an elbow sticking out of the side of the cover. Now there is a tube that is connected to this elbow that runs no where. I believe it is the breather tube I tried to figure out where it could run to but there is no connection anywhere. I started it up today and it looks like it spits out a bit of oil/fuel from this tube. Is this normal? Could this be caused by to much oil in it. It is about a 1/4 quart high.
    Also about the no air cleaner. Could this cause an issue? I've used it now for 2 years without any issues with regular maintenance. It was used hard last year as we had a lot of snow. I've read that it may not require a air cleaner.
    Thanks!

Did some checking and it is identical to Model# OH195SA
    Last edited by jtfoxman; 10-09-2010, 11:32 PM.
    Jtfoxman

the air cleaner connects to some opening on the carburator to filter air and keep snow out of the venturi. that pipe you're talking is a crankcase breather.

Comment

Does the crankcase breather connect back to the intake like on a car or is it an open system?
      Jtfoxman

Comment

opens to the air - small engines do not qualify for the clean air thingie

Comment

Thanks for the info. I thought I was going nuts when i couldn't find the connection on the intake side. Too much working on vehicles and all the emissions crap I don't know much about small engines.
          Jtfoxman

Comment

Working...
          X
          =