Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding new plants to my garden

​Hello everyone. What are some visually appealing plants I can add to my garden? Please share a few plants with different flower colors, thank you!

Hi Downaski! What is the climate like where you live?​

Comment

The climate here is quite extreme. Summers get really hot, and right now we're heading into winter.

Comment

Ah, I see. Dealing with extreme temperatures can be challenging, but there are definitely plants that can thrive in those conditions. For your situation, I'd recommend looking into perennials that are known for their resilience. Here are a few colorful options that might work well:
        1. Blanket Flower (Gaillardia): These produce cheerful daisy-like flowers in reds, oranges, and yellows. They're drought-tolerant and can handle both heat and cold.
        2. Russian Sage: With its purple-blue flowers and silvery foliage, it's both beautiful and tough. It loves hot, dry conditions and can survive cold winters.
        3. Black-Eyed Susan (Rudbeckia): These yellow flowers are not just pretty, but also very hardy. They can tolerate both heat and cold well.
        4. Coneflower (Echinacea): Available in various colors including purple, pink, and white. They're native to North America and can handle extreme temperatures.
        5. Sedum: These come in various colors and shapes. 'Autumn Joy' is a popular variety with pink flowers that darken to copper. They're very drought-tolerant and cold-hardy.
        6. Daylilies: These come in a rainbow of colors and are known for their toughness. They can survive both hot summers and freezing winters.
        7. Yarrow: With flat-topped flower clusters in colors like yellow, pink, and red, yarrow is both attractive and resilient.

Remember to prepare these plants for winter by mulching around their bases. This helps insulate the roots from extreme cold. Also, choosing native plants for your specific area can be a great strategy, as they're naturally adapted to your local climate extremes. Hope this helps!

Comment

Thank you Gardenboy!

Comment

Working...
          X