Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for Updating House

My house is a 1962 brick ranch, and it needs some updating. I'm attaching a picture, and I would love any suggestions that you might have - small or large - for how to update it.

Thanks.

Lori

House update....

Great looking place! I'd suggest re-landscaping. Maybe a minor bit of tree trimmiing, too. Possibly a 'center piece' in the lawn along with some flowers. It seems a bit devoid of color...

Comment

Lori, Love the color of the brick. I think the landscaping is nice, but like mrcaptainbob, I think all you need to do is put some color in and add a few things. I think if you planted some daylily's in with the landscaping on the left side of picture and added some colorful annual flowers towards the front of the landscaping bed in would look nice. Then, buy you a small white wrought iron table with 2 chairs to sit on the grassy area in front of the landscape area, and center it so it looks like it would be in the blank space inbetween the two windows, and maybe put some colorful flowers in a pot, and sit it on the table, all this is for the view of the left side of picture. Now, your door needs a different color, or something to draw your attention to it. It looks as if it is in a shadow. Maybe some pretty large white urns with colorful flowers in them sitting close to the entrance of the door, even if you have to sit them on grass. I love the greenery and landscaping, just needs some color, everything else looks beautiful. Let us know, with a reply and picture of what you do.

Comment

The house already looks pretty good. There is only so much that you can do with ranches. You have already put window shutters on and planted shrubs in front. That helps a lot. Have you considered doing more with landscaping? Perhaps a stone walk or pad? raised beds, etc. I'm not a landscaper, but I know that you can pay a few hundred bucks and get a landscaping plan drawn up and then do it yourself to save money. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Paint the Brick

The house is very pretty, but have you considered painting the brick a tan color with black shutters. I have seen this recently in a very old Country Club area and it was beautiful. If that is too drastic, I would start with the landscape. Good Luck!

Comment

I agree with Sue about the door. Maybe even a second white pillar on the other side would draw the eye to it more. Also, the brick is terrific the way it is. Painting will make it harder to re-point when needed.

Great house overall though--and nice outdoor space.

Comment

House looks nice. Like it was mentioned before some landscaping with a water feature in the midle of the front yard with some lighting.
              Jtfoxman

Comment

Working...
              X
              =