Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My computer won't load flash, play music, or load programs correctly?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My computer won't load flash, play music, or load programs correctly?

I can't view youtube videos. All that happens is that it will not even load 1 second of the video. Then when I click something it says that it isn't responding.

I can't play any music. Either in iTunes or in Media Player. Once again, it doesn't do anything and this time i can't click the x out of it. I have to bring up the task manager and close the program.

I can't use any type of voice and video chat such as Skype. It will sign me in, sometimes, but won't connect to anything.

I can't download any new microsoft updates. Once again it just won't respond.

I can do basic things. Like look at pictures. Browse the web. Go to facebook, etc. I have tried this on more than one network, so it's not the network. And have tried multiple browsers, so it's not the browser. And i still have plenty of free hard drive space.

Now this all started happening about 4 days ago. So I did a system restore to a point before this was happening. All was well again for about 24 hours. Then, it started happening again today. I tried to do another system restore, but all of my restore points are gone.

I have had multiple anti-virus/spyware programs scanning for viruses and have come up with nothing.

The only changes that have been made when this started happening is that microsoft updates have been installed. So, I don't know if Microsoft had a bug in an update, or which one so i could uninstall it...

Since I can't do another system restore (for the reasons stated above) what should I do to fix this?
    (I know i could completely re-load windows, but i don't want to do that if i don't have to...)

Computer Specs:
    -Windows 7 Home Premium
    -Core 2 duo CPU
    -4 Gigs ram
    -250 gb hard drive

Make a backup of all your pictures and videos and everything else manually to an external drive. Export all of your bookmarks and make a note of all of your programs that you use and put all of that on the external as well. Then do a full install on your computer.

This way you can still have everything and not lose anything valuable plus get a faster computer because windows doesn't have anything else to load on the new install except itself. Only down side is that you may have to go driver hunting.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =